The South Australia’s General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program for 2022-2023 financial year opened on 25 August 2022. The South Australian Government has revised its skilled occupation list, to ensure nomination and retention of applicants with in-demand-skills and who are already living and working in South Australia, as well as nomination of the skilled and experienced offshore applicants who can fill the critical shortage.
The state nomination process requires that applicants meet all visa and state nomination criteria with supporting documentation and evidence. Your occupation must also be included in the ‘GSM list’: South Australia’s Skilled Occupation List | Move to South Australia (migration.sa.gov.au).
How many occupations were listed for FY2022-23 South Australia’s GSM Program (‘SA’s GSM Program’)?
- The number of occupations open to offshore applicants has returned to pre-COVID pandemic levels with over 470 occupations compared to 380 occupations in 2021-22
What occupations would be given priority nominations for the SA’s GSM Program?
- The GSM program will also prioritise nominations for applicants with backgrounds in in-demand industries including Health, ICT, Education, Engineering, Agribusiness and Trades, or applicants who can bring their skills to growing sectors including Hi-Tech / Digital, Health and Life Sciences, Green Energy, Defence, Space and Cyber Security
How many places are available for the SA’s GSM Program?
- The GSM Program offers 5,880 places.
Why apply for the SA’s GSM Program?
- The GSM Program nomination provides additional 15 points towards the 2 skilled migration visa options for skilled migrants, which provide pathways to obtaining your Australian permanent residency:
- Subclass 190 – Skilled Nominated Visa allows you to live and work permanently in South Australia; and
- Subclass 491 – Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa allows you to live and work in South Australia for up to 5 years with a permanent residency pathway.
If invited to apply for the Subclass 491, you will as well have priority processing. Additionally, if your occupation falls under the category of those occupations given priority nominations, why miss the chance? Now is the time to apply!
Why South Australia?
- South Australia is not only known for its beautiful wine regions, but also known as the place for food and fresh produce enthusiasts. Additionally, the state’s location is ideal for those who love to explore pristine landscapes and enjoys travelling. You can expect to have a safe environment for your loved ones and a relaxed lifestyle with your family and friends in South Australia.
Why should you engage a migration professional with your SA’s GSM Program application?
- The team of lawyers and migration agents at NB Migration Law has 20+ years of experience with the EOI, nomination and visa application process. Having a professional look after you means that someone is there to assist and guide you towards the right direction of the tedious preparation and documentation required to lodge a valid EOI and visa application. Put it this way, wouldn’t you rather spend your precious time with your loved ones instead of constantly worrying if you have done the right thing?
If you would like to find out if you are eligible to apply for the FY2022-23 SA’s GSM Program, please do not hesitate to reach out and speak with the NB Migration Law team: https://www.noborders-group.com/contact or https://www.noborders-group.com/form/free-consultation/ or phone +61 7 3876 4000
Credits: Article prepared by Daryl Hamley, migration lawyer at NB Migration Law