UPCOMING NEW ZEALAND IMMIGRATION CHANGES 2021
Changes to temporary work visas
Work has continued on the work visa changes the Government signalled over a year ago. Every employer who is employing migrant workers will be required to be formally accredited with Immigration New Zealand. Immigration New Zealand are introducing a new 3-check visa application system and replacing six temporary work visas with one.
- Essential Skills Work Visa
- Essential Skills Work Visa — approved in principle
- Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
- Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
- Silver Fern Job Search Visa (closed 7 October 2019)
- Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa.
New visa application process from mid-2021
- Employer check
To gain such accreditation a business must (among other things) be in a sound financial position, has compliant workplace practices and be prepared to assist and support their migrant workers to settle into the community. All employers are required to take much greater responsibility for all aspects of their migrant workforce, including management of the visa process.
These 2 main accreditation levels are:
- standard accreditation — for employers who want to hire 5 or fewer migrant workers, and
- high-volume accreditation — for employers who want to hire 6 or more migrant workers
- Job check
The job check will confirm the job pays our market rate, the terms and conditions comply with our employment laws, and you have done a labour market test if you need to.
A labour market test shows you have genuinely advertised the role to New Zealanders and there are no New Zealanders available to do the job in that region.
- Migrant worker check
The migrant worker check is where the migrant work applies for a visa. The migrant worker must show they meet INZ’s character, identity and health requirements, and have the skills to do the job before being granted a visa.
The following temporary work visas will not be changed by the new visa system:
- Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) Limited Visa
- Working holiday schemes
- Post-study Work Visa
- Fishing Crew Work Visa
- Religious Worker Work Visa
- Specific Purpose Work Visa
- partnership work visas including Partner of a Worker Work Visa, Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa and Partner of a Student Work Visa
- work visas granted for international or humanitarian reasons, such as domestic staff of diplomats, consular and official staff, and for refugee or protection status claimants.
Are your looking for visa options?
NO BORDERS: #1 TRUSTED MIGRATION AGENTS
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +61 (07) 3876 4000
We will help you exploring visa options and securing application. No Borders Migration is experienced in dealing with all immigration matters both New Zealand and Australia. Our migration agents and lawyers have extensive knowledge in the legal requirements, eligibility criteria, and the supporting documents required. Simply dial 07 3876 4000 or email: [email protected] and let us help you secure New Zealand visa.