Start a business or invest in New Zealand
New Zealand’s business migration policies offer a unique opportunity to enjoy New Zealand’s exceptional lifestyle while developing their business interests.
Investors can have the best of both worlds – a sophisticated lifestyle in one of our urban centres, and easy access to some of the world’s most stunning landscapes.
New Zealand has advanced to having some of the most investor friendly regulations in OECD countries, with fewer layers of bureaucracy, both in the public and private sectors, with decision makers easily accessible. With straightforward, business-friendly taxation, New Zealand offers significantly lower costs to do business in areas such as export compliance costs, wages, and facility costs
Considering investing or doing business in NZ
Residence Visa for Investors
If you are looking to invest in your New Zealand lifestyle, investor visas may be a good option for you and your family (partner, and dependent children aged 24 or under) to live, work and study in New Zealand.
There are two investor categories:
Investor II visas
- NZ$3 million
- Invested for 4 years
- Age 65 or under
- 146 days in NZ in each of the last three years of four year investment period or 438 days in NZ over four year investment period.
- Min 3 years business experience
- English language requirements apply-Conversation level
- Family members must have English language ability the same as principal applicant or pre-purchase ESOL tuition
- 400 places per year
Investor I Visa
- Invested for 3 years
- 44 days in NZ in each of the last 2 years of a three year investment period or 88 days over the three year investment period*.
- No additional requirements.
Explore visa options to start a business or invest
To be considered acceptable, an investment must:
- Be capable of a commercial return under normal circumstances.
- Be invested in New Zealand in New Zealand currency.
- Have the potential to contribute to New Zealand’s economy.
- Not be for the personal use of the investor.
- Equity in NZ firms, public or private. An equity investment can be active or passive, and be made direct or via managed funds (only the proportion of the Fund that is invested in NZ is counted as acceptable).
- Bonds, issued by the NZ Government, NZ local authorities or approved NZ banks, finance companies or firms.
- New residential property development that is not for the investor’s personal use and designed to make a commercial return on the open market.
- Up to 15% of the investment total can be philanthropic investment.
You can nominate a mix of funds and/or assets to invest. They must be equivalent to at least NZ$3 million for Investor II or NZ$10 million for Investor I, though you may nominate more, depending on the points claimed in your Expression of Interest (EOI).
You will need to provide evidence showing that your investment and/or assets are owned by you or jointly by you and your partner and/or dependent children if they are included in the application.
You will also need to provide evidence showing that your intended investment funds:
- are unencumbered, i.e. not subject to any mortgage, lien, charge and/or encumbrance (whether equitable or otherwise) or any other creditor claims
- have been earned or acquired legally
- are transferable through the banking system or through a foreign exchange company that uses the banking system (Immigration New Zealand will not be able to approve your application if you are unable to transfer funds to New Zealand through the banking system).
If your residence is approved in principle, with either category, you will have 12 months to transfer your investment funds in an acceptable investment in New Zealand. You will need to provide verifiable documents to show that the funds you transfer to New Zealand came from the funds and/or assets that you nominate.
You can apply to have this timeframe extended and you can also apply for a work visa so you can travel to New Zealand to look into investment opportunities.
1- Submit an Expression of Interest
2- invitation you to apply for residence
3- transfer your funds to New Zealand and make your investment
4- grant of your resident visa
Costs: EOI $ 620 Application Fee: $4960
Are your looking for visa options?
NO BORDERS: #1 TRUSTED MIGRATION AGENTS
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +61 (07) 3876 4000
We will help you exploring visa options and securing application. No Borders Migration is experienced in the migration and New Zealand visa application, and our migration agents and lawyers have extensive knowledge in the legal requirements, eligibility criteria, and the supporting documents required. Simply dial 07 3876 4000 or email: [email protected] and let us help you start wtih your way towards obtaining you visa into New Zealand.