Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
The subclass 491 visa is designed for persons that possess certain skills needed by the Australian government. Such persons must be nominated by a state or territory government of Australia or an eligible Australian sponsor for the purpose of living and working in Australia.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) holder
- stay in Australia for 5 years
- live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
The families of the holders of the subclass 491 visa can be included and granted visa as subsequent entrant. The worker will contribute positively to the work sector and economy of Australia throughout the duration of his or her stay in the Australian region.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Eligibility Requirement
All interested persons that intend to apply for the subclass 491 visa must meet the following requirements:
- Lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) to be invited to apply for the subclass 491 visa
- Must score at least 65 in the points test
- Nominated by an Australian state or territory government to apply or sponsored by an eligible spouse, partner or parents who must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. The person must meet the satisfactory requirements of a sponsor as provided by the law
- Have their occupation in the relevant skilled occupation list
Some Additional Requirements
- Have a satisfactory skill assessment for the chosen occupation
- Must not have attained the age of 45 at the time of making the application
- Satisfactory completion of all health requirements including chest x-ray, HIV test, and other relevant health tests
- Must show a good command in English language
- Meet the character requirements by passing the character test, and remaining of good character. The applicant must provide a police clearance covering a period of 12 months in a country they have stayed in for the past 10 years preceding the application. Any person that has been sentenced to prison for a period of 12 months or above would not pass the character test.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Application process
The application process for the subclass 491 visa can be broken down into six different steps as explained below –
Step one – The applicant must submit an expression of interest (EOI) to the Australian Department of Home Affairs. This allows the applicant to duly notify a state or territory government about their interest in being nominated.
Step two – Once nominated, the applicant will receive a formal invitation to submit a visa application.
Step three – Upon invitation, the applicant prepares the relevant documents and proceeds with the application within 60 days of the invite.
Step four – Lodgement of the application online.
Step five – Department of Home Affairs reviews and processes the application.
Step six – Once the application is approved, the visa grant notice will be sent to the applicant including the visa grant number, commencement date of the visa as well as visa conditions where applicable.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Benefits
- Right to reside in Australia for a period of 5 years
- Right to live, work and study freely in an Australian region during the duration of the visa
- Right to travel in and out of Australia at will for the duration of the visa
- Right to social healthcare benefits via Medicare
The subclass 491 visa requires a careful planning, evaluation and critical application process. It can also take time, energy and cost for invitation to arrive and the application to proceed further. In the event your application gets refused, the application fee will not be refunded. This can be frustrating and something that you definitely don’t want to do twice.
Here at Noborders Group, we are readily available to assist you to get that subclass 491 visa without much stress on your part. Contact us today!
Are you going to apply for Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
NO BORDERS: #1 TRUSTED MIGRATION AGENTS
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +61 (07) 3876 4000
We will help you exploring visa options and securing application. No Borders Migration is experienced in the migration and partner visa application, and our lawyers have extensive knowledge in the legal requirements, eligibility criteria, and the supporting documents required. Simply dial 07 3876 4000 or email: [email protected] and let us help you start wtih your way towards obtaining Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
#australia #australiavisa #australianimmigration #australianvisa #migrationtoaustralia #migration #494visa #sponsored #491 #491visa #regional #workvisa