Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
A permanent visa for points tested skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory government agency.
NSW uses a selection-based invitation process to ensure that NSW nominees are aligned to the skills needs of the state’s economy.
Applicants cannot directly apply.
NSW Invitation rounds of Skilled Nominated Visa
Invitation rounds occur ongoing throughout the Australian financial year. There are no set dates, and they are not announced beforehand. NSW cannot advise the date of upcoming NSW invitation rounds by phone or email.
Who will be considered NSW invitation round for Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
To be considered in a NSW invitation round for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190), you must:
- have submitted an EOI in SkillSelect
- be under 45 years of age
- have at least Competent English
- have a valid Skills Assessment in a NSW target sector
- have achieved at least 65 points
- be either:
- currently employed in NSW where your employment meets the standard for claiming skilled employment in your nominated occupation, or
- have genuinely resided in NSW for a minimum period of three months
Noted: NSW Nomination is by invitation only. You cannot apply directly, or request an invitation.
Key steps for Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
NSW nomination for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is by invitation only.
Below are the steps to apply for NSW nomination:
- Ensure you are eligible for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Confirm you meet the NSW minimum eligibility criteria
- Complete an EOI in SkillSelect
- Be invited to apply during an invitation round
- Apply for NSW nomination within 14 days
Alternative migration pathways
NSW nomination for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is just one of a number of visa options for prospective skilled migrants. There are a range of visas offered by Home Affairs, including both temporary and permanent employer nominated visas.
Need help with getting Australian Visas?
NO BORDERS LAW GROUP: #1 TRUSTED MIGRATION LAWYERS
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +61 (07) 3876 4000
We will help you by exploring visa options and securing application. As part of our services, we will assess the eligibility of the application for a partner visa and help you to get out of the abusive relationship and provide you with detailed advice on your chances of success. If you would like to discuss your visa options and evaluate the pathway to permanent residency, please make an enquiry or book a consultation to get expert advice with one of our knowledgeable and experienced Migration Agents/Lawyers on 07 3876 4000 or email: [email protected].
Commonwealth of Australia;