New Temporary Activity visa (Subclass 408) for Working holidaymakers


This visa will enable working holidaymakers to remain lawfully in Australia, and continue working if they want to until they can go back to their home country.


Working holidaymakers already in Australia with the Seasonal Worker Program whose visas are expiring will be able to extend their stay in Australia by applying for a Temporary Activity visa (Subclass 408 Australian Government Endorsed Event (AGEE) stream) visa.


Holders of other temporary work visas /457 visa/ TSS 482 visa currently hired in crucial sectors may be suitable for a Temporary Activity visa (Subclass 408 Australian Government Endorsed Event (AGEE) stream) visa.


This Temporary Activity visa allows you to come to Australia to participate in events which are supported by the Australian Government.





COVID-19 Pandemic visa: Free





You can stay for the duration of the event or up to 4 years if you are an organiser



COVID-19 Pandemic allows you to:


  • Remain in Australia if you have no other visa options and are unable to depart Australia due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
  • Remain in Australia to assist in critical sectors including healthcare, disability and aged care, childcare and agriculture during the COVID-19 pandemic
  • On the Subclass 408 visa, you can travel to and from Australia as many times as you like while your visa is valid and include members of the family unit in your application.



Where do I need to be to apply for this visa?


You can apply when you are in or outside of Australia and when the Department of Home Affairs decide on your application. However, you must be in Australia to be granted the COVID-19 Pandemic event visa.



An Endorsement Is Not Required


You do not need to be endorsed in writing to apply for the COVID-19 Pandemic event visa. The COVID-19 Pandemic event visa is only available to people who are onshore and have 28 days or less remaining on their current visa or were their last substantive visa has expired up to 28 days previously.


To be granted a 408 visa, you must also meet the health and character requirements, have adequate health insurance, be able to support yourself and any dependents and be a genuine temporary entrant.



How Can No Borders Migration Help You?


No Borders Migration Agents experienced legal team can assist you with your application. Please contact us on 07 3876 4000 or email at [email protected] or fill out a free consultation form. The No Borders Migration professional team have plans in place to assure day-to-day operation for our current and prospective clients. We can work entirely remotely if required or the offices are closed, including lodging applications, emails and phones, accessing client files, and accessing documents.

Book a free consultation today and let us help you find a way forward.