How Can I apply for Australian Work Visas – Australian Employer Sponsored Visas

Employer Nomination Scheme visa | Subclass 186

The ENS visa 186 is a permanent visa. It lets workers live in Australia permanently.


There are three streams for the 186 visa:

  • Direct Entry stream: The worker must be nominated by an Australian employer for an occupation on the approved list.
  • Labour Agreement stream: The 186 visa allows an approved business to nominate a worker for a visa under a labour agreement. The Department of Home Affairs works with employers to develop the agreement.
  • Temporary Residence Transition stream: Open to workers who have worked for their employer for 3 years under a 457 visa. Also workers on a skills shortage TSS visa or related bridging visas A, B or C can be considered for this visa.


Australian Skill Shortage visas

Temporary Skill Shortage visa | Subclass 482

The TSS visa 482 helps Australian employers solve skill shortages in the labour market.


Employer Sponsored visas 482 are available in three streams

  • Short Term
  • Medium Term
  • Labour Agreement


If the job is not on the Skilled Occupation list, it is possible to apply for a labour agreement.


Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa | Subclass 494

The Australian Government’s new 494 visa enables successful applicants to live, work and study in designated regional areas of Australia.


It is designed for regional employers to address identified labour shortages within their region by sponsoring skilled workers where employers can’t source an appropriately skilled Australian worker


With this visa, you can

  • live, work and study only in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years
  • travel to and from Australia for 5 years
  • if eligible, apply for permanent residence after 3 years from the time your visa is granted


Specified region

You can live, work and study only in a Designated Regional Area include all of Australia except for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane

Gold Coast and Perth are classed as regional areas.

Designated Regional Areas sourced from DOHA see below

Training Visa | Subclass 407

This is a temporary visa, allowing you to stay in Australia for up to 2 years

With this visa you can

  • visit Australia to complete a workplace-based training (to improve your skills for your current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise), or a professional development training program


Some positions require highly-skilled workers that are not covered by other Employer Sponsored visa programs. What should you do to work in Australia?


Other Visa Option – GTI Visa

The Global Talent Visa allows businesses to employ highly-skilled specialists to work in Australia.



To be granted a visa under the Global Talent Visa Program, a candidate will be highly skilled in one of the 10 target sectors. They will also be able to attract a salary that meets the high income threshold.


Target sectors

  • Resources
  • Agri-food and AgTech
  • Energy
  • Health Industries
  • Defence, Advanced Manufacturing and Space
  • Circular Economy
  • DigiTech
  • Infrastructure and Tourism
  • Financial Services and FinTech
  • Education


Need help with getting Australian Visas?



Email:[email protected]

Tel: +61 (07) 3876 4000



We will help you by exploring visa options and securing application. As part of our services, we will assess the eligibility of the application for a partner visa and help you to get out of the abusive relationship and provide you with detailed advice on your chances of success. If you would like to discuss your visa options and evaluate the pathway to permanent residency, please make an enquiry or book a consultation to get expert advice with one of our knowledgeable and experienced Migration Lawyers on 07 3876 4000 or email: [email protected].

Book a free consultation today and let us help you find a way forward.