In Australia we are blessed with an abundance of beautiful places to cool off in those hot summer days. So if you’re looking for a place to cool down this weekend, be sure to pay these places a visit! Five of Australia’s best spots to take a dip are:
- Gunlom Falls, NT – enjoy the sweeping views of the national park whilst having lunch in the picnic area provided, then cool off in the pools of these gorgeous waterfalls.
- Brighton Beach, Vic – a popular spot near Melbourne’s CBD, this beach has a large stretch of white sand to accommodate everyone, with the colourful beach boxes decorating the sandy shoreline to brighten your day.
- Nethercote Falls, NSW – if you don’t mind a stroll through the bushlands these falls are a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and enjoy the scenic natural walk to the swimming hole. Be careful though as water levels change throughout the year, so always enter the water carefully.
- Bondi Baths, NSW – a hotspot for tourists and locals alike, these famous Aussie pools are a great way to cool off in the city if you don’t want to deal with all those sandy beaches. With a stunning view these pools are popular all year around, with a full lap pool and a smaller children’s pool to keep everyone happy.
- Mitchell Falls, WA – a spectacular view of cascading water over sandstone cliffs create the perfect place to cool off in Western Australia. Access to the falls can be affected by the weather and season though so make sure you check that out before heading out for the day!