While the beaches in Australia are beautiful, in summer they become very busy. So if you’re looking for a place to cool off during this hot weather, but you don’t want to battle the crowds, try out some of Australia’s best natural swimming holes:
- Figure 8 Pools, Sydney Royal National Park NSW – only accessible during low tide, make sure you take your walking shoes, as you’ll have to trek over bush, beach and rocks to get there.
- Killen Falls, Ballina NSW – this beautiful waterfall has a swimming hole at the base of it which is perfect for a lazy afternoon.
- Gunlom Falls, Kakadu National Park, NT – nature’s infinity pool, these falls have sweeping views with swimming holes at the top and bottom of it.
- Millaa Millaa Falls, QLD – this tropical paradise is one of a few waterfalls along a walking trail, but is the most popular due to its size and stunning surroundings.
- Fern Pool, Karijini National Park, WA – a natural haven, this pool combines bushlands with the tropics, with lush ferns and native plants surrounding this natural swimming pool.
- Florence Falls, Litchfield National Park, NT – this stunning double waterfall is a great spot to take in the views of this great Australian landscape. Be sure to allow plenty of time to explore the national park.