One of our major clients is seeking to engage Registered Nurses and Clinical Care Managers. If you feel you have the required skills and experience please submit your resume to [email protected]
Pastry Maker ( > more info )
Location: Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland
Status: Full Time/Part Time
Resident Focused Care:
1) Responsible for ensuring all products served is of high quality and complies with Company standards of
operation & recipe.
2) Responsible for initiating & reacting to store daily production operation business needs and requirements
and takes corrective action as required.
3) Responsible for ensuring product consistency & detailed compliance with Company standard recipe.
4) Responsible for following business standard production guideline as directed by the Management for the
best interest of store production operation business needs and requirements.
5) Responsible for following baking temperatures, timings & procedures accurately.
6) Responsible for ensuring consistency in product color, texture, shape, size & Cut.
7) Responsible for ensuring consistency in product availability & variety as per product menu.
8) Responsible for following FIFO (First in First Out system) product rotation at all times.
9) Responsible for understanding products Shelf life & ensuring fresh products are served.
10) Responsible for conducting product quality evaluation & takes corrective action as required.
11) Responsible for ensuring product consistency & detailed compliance with company standard recipe
Registered Nurse (RN) ( > more info )
Location: Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland
Status: Full Time/Part Time
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Provide a high level of nursing care, including clinical practice and management of medications.
- Assessment and the ongoing monitoring and management of residents’ care needs.
- Implement and evaluate residents’ care plans.
- Provide leadership, supervision and coaching to care staff in meeting residents’ care needs.
- Facility Management
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Post graduate qualifications in Aged Care highly desirable
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management or above highly desirable
- Current CPR certificate
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of aged care standards, the accreditation process and continuous service improvement.
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI).
- Sound knowledge of the Charter of Residents Rights and Responsibilities.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Exemplary clinical skills with a demonstrated commitment to maintaining relevancy and currency of nursing skills and knowledge of best practice nursing.
- Demonstrated high level of written and verbal communication skills to interact with all stakeholders (staff, residents, families, etc.)
- Understanding of resident centre care.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor staff.
Resident Focused Care:
1) Direct accountability, for the monitoring and supervision of the delivery of specialist nursing care.
2) Provide role modeling and leadership in the delivery of care to residents.
3) Planning and co-ordinating care to residents.
4) Delivery and supervision of comprehensive and technical direct care to residents.
5) Co-ordinate services to individual residents.
6) Participate in projects as required.
7) Ensuring all daily activities are completed by clinical staff such as documentation and resident care.
8) Actively contribute to the facility’s quality management systems.
9) Develop, monitor, review and update care plans to meet the needs of resident health care and to promote quality of life.
10) Assist Facility Management to manage complaints as required in accordance with the Complaint Management Guidelines.
11) Undertake comprehensive and accurate assessments of residents.
12) Assist in research relevant to clinical matters.
13) Ensure all residents rights and confidentiality are maintained at all times. Staff Supervision and Leadership:
1) Provide leadership and supervision to the care team.
2) Provide preceptorship, mentoring, coaching and education to the care team.
3) Conduct clinical competency based assessments with staff including Graduate RN’s, EEN’s, Student EN’s, Trainee AIN’s, etc.
4) Conduct and participate in performance appraisal and performance management of staff.
5) Facilitate and co-ordinate conflict resolution amongst staff members.
6) Initiate and take responsibility for own professional development ensuring continuous relevancy of skills and knowledge in contemporary aged care practice.
7) Facilitate, co-ordinate and participate in the mentoring and orientation of new staff.
1) Maintain a safe work environment as per OH & S legislation and codes of practice.
2) Demonstrate at all times, both sound understanding of, and compliance with all Company How To Guides and ensure that the position and/or organisational projects are fully compliant with all organisational reporting requirements within the scheduled due dates
and time frames.
3) Accept in charge responsibilities in the absence of the Facility Management.
4) Undertake any other duties as directed by the Facility Management.
5) Maintain current nursing registration.
6) Undertake professional development to ensure that required Continuing Nurse Education
(CNE) points are accrued as per nursing registration requirements.
KEY BEHAVIOURAL REQUIREMENTS
The incumbent will undertake the role in a manner that demonstrates commitment to the positive resident service and care of the Aged Care Group, to the principles of working together and to the Mission & Cornerstones.
CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK
This position requires a mandatory Australian Federal Police check to be conducted, if chosen to be the successful candidate. Criminal History Checks must be renewed every 3 years.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
1) Current registration with APHRA and current CPR certificate.
2) Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities.
3) Sound computer knowledge and keyboard skills
4) High level of written and verbal communication skills.
5) Highly effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
6) Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team to provide a high level of care.
7) Recent aged care experience is highly desirable.
8) Knowledge of accreditation standards and the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI)
9) Demonstrated commitment to working within the Company cornerstones.
Clinical Care Manager ( > more info )
POSITION REPORTS TO: Facility Manager (FM) or delegate
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
The Clinical Care Manager (‘CCM’), under limited direction and supervision of the Facility
Manager (FM), is responsible for:
- Lead the clinical team in the delivery of clinical care services in accordance with Company
Aged Care policies, processes and Cornerstone values.
- Effective and efficiently manage the human, material and financial resources.
- Ensure compliance with all Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission (ACQ&SC)
Accreditation Standards and Legislation.
Assessing, planning, implementing, delivering and evaluating care for residents in accordance with scope of practice and co-ordinated health and allied health services care planning; ensuring safe and effective evidence based care.
Resident Dignity and Choice
(ACQ&SC Standard 1)
- Treat all residents with dignity and respect, valuing their identity, culture and diversity.
- Support residents to exercise choice and independence; to make decisions about their own care; the way care services are delivered; and how family and others are involved in their care.
- Ensure all resident information is kept confidential, privacy is respected and information provided to the resident is clear and easy to understand so residents may exercise choice.
- Provide support and assistance to maintain a clean, comfortable, safe, secure and homelike environment for the residents. Ongoing Assessment and Planning
(ACQ&SC Standard 2)
- Provide clinical leadership and ensure contemporary clinical carethat actively supports resident centered philosophy.
- In consultation with residents, representatives, facility staff, medical and allied health professionals, coordinate the clinical care needs of residents by:
- Assessing new residents, residents returning from hospital or residents with altered health status.
- Overseeing assessment and care planning processes and monitoring of documentation practices with appropriate action.
- Monitoring complex care issues, determining and implementing appropriate clinical interventions and management strategies and ensuring appropriate evaluation and follow
- Ensuring clinical care needs are managed and communicated in a professional, accountable and timely manner, in collaboration with the FM as relevant.
- Ensuring Resident of the Day occurs as scheduled with appropriate review, trending and follow up with appropriate stakeholder consultation.
- Ensuring appropriate support to residents and representatives regarding clinical care issues.
- Organise and liaise with external health care professionals related to resident care needs.
- Manage resident emergencies, injuries and incidents.
- Oversee and monitor medication management and facilitate/chair the MedicationAdvisory Committee.
- Manage the clinical committees in consultation with Registered staff and the FM.
- Oversee and monitor clinical staff with clinical portfolios in consultation with the FM
Personal and Clinical Care
(ACQ&SC Standard 3)
- Ensure interactions with residents and their representatives are kind, caring and respectful of each individuals identity, culture and diversity
- Provide safe and effective best practice personal and clinical care that is individually tailored to resident needs and optimises their health and well-being.
- Recognise and respond to changes in resident mental health, cognitive or physical function, capacity or cognition in a timely manner.
- Ensure needs, goals and preferences of residents nearing the end of life are recognised and addressed, their comfort maximised and dignity preserved.
- Ensure that all relevant legislative requirements pertaining to care delivery are complied with at all times, and ensure staff awareness of those requirements.
Support for Daily Living
(ACQ&SC Standard 4)
- Ensure daily living support meets individual resident needs, goals and preferences and optimises resident independence, health, as well as, emotional, spiritual and psychological wellbeing and quality of life.
- Provide services and supports for daily living that facilitates social and personal relationships, meets individual resident interests and enables broader participation.
Organisation’s Service Environment
(ACQ&SC Standard 5)
- Ensure the maintenance of a safe working environment that meets regulatory requirements and undertake all duties in a manner that demonstrates due regard for the wellbeing and safety of self, colleagues and residents.
- Understand emergency code management, fire and evacuation procedures and implement when required.
- Ensure medications are administered, documented, stored and disposed of in accordance with regulations and organisational policies and procedures.
Feedback and Complaints
(ACQ&SC Standard 6)
- Provide support to residents and their families and ensure any queries, comments, suggestions and / or concerns are managed promptly, effectively and efficiently or referred appropriately according to role level of responsibility.
- Comply with all Privacy Legislation requirements and Company confidentiality statements when communicating information relating to residents, employees and the operations of any Company facilities.
- Facilitate awareness of and access to advocates, language services and other methods of raising and resolving complaints in accordance with Company policies and procedures and within scope of role.
(ACQ&SC Standard 7)
- Assist with recruitment and selection process for clinical staff appointments and other facility roles as required.
- Conduct probation & performance appraisals for clinical positions.
- Conduct performance management and disciplinary processes in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.
- Proactively facilitate communication and meetings with clinical staff to support and coach and provide clear expectations of required clinical care outcomes.
- Create, update and maintain Work Schedules for clinical positions.
- Manage the clinical roster and staff allocations to ensure budget met and skill mix to meet resident needs.
- Manage the education function in conjunction with Learning & Development staff for clinical staff including orientation, mandatory training and other clinical competency training requirements.
- Support return to work co-ordination for all staff members.
- Support the co-ordination of the Go Beyond Program for the facility, including years of service recognition. Support engagement of staff to build a sense of understanding and belonging in line with the Company Cornerstones.
(ACQ&SC Standard 8)
- Ensure the facility is compliant with all relevant legislative compliance tasks allocated to the position of Clinical Care Manager.
- Support the FM to manage all allegations of Elder Abuse.
- In conjunction with the FM manage the Mandatory Reporting process in accordance with the legislative guidelines and Company Aged Care How To Guides.
- Ensure appropriate and timely follow up of resident incidents and infection surveillance including trend analysis and determining management strategies.
- In conjunction with the FM plan and provide minimum fortnightly updates of the facility’s clinical improvements.
- Manage the process for achievement and maintenance of Standard 2 compliance (Accreditation Standards).
- Lead and actively support the team with accreditation processes including support contact visits, accreditation preparation, completion of self-assessment tool and accreditation assessment visit, with a focus on Standard 2 and clinical aspects of Standard 4 including infection control and manual handling.
- Manage the clinical audit process including analysis, recommendations and follow up for all audits to ensure effective quality outcomes for residents and the facility.
- Actively support the FM with resolution of clinical complaints/feedback, including consultation with residents, their representatives and staff.
- Ensure compliance with Company How to Guides and Templates.
- Ensure new systems or processes (including documents & templates) are not trialed or implemented in the facility without the prior written approval of the Quality and Compliance Group.
- Ensure effective financial management of delegated clinical portfolios as directed, including a monthly review of expenditure to budget.
- Manage purchasing of resources including obtaining quotations, purchases orders and processing of Goods Received Notices (GRN’s) in line with relevant How To Guides and Procurement Directives.
- Ensure systems and processes are in place to manage and evaluate stock effectively.
- Ensure resources are utilized, managed and evaluated effectively and efficiently within the facility.
- Support clinical decision making for new residents with respect to ACAT’s and ACCR’s for ACFI performance in conjunction with the ACFI team.
- Participate in monthly financial meetings as required.
Work Health & Safety
- Report immediately all accidents / incidents in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Maintain a safe work environment as per WH&S legislation, codes of practice and
Company How to Guides.
- Proactively initiate the hazard reporting process in relation to identified / potential clinical hazards.
- Support the risk assessment and risk management process in relation to clinical risks.
- Contribute to the facility’s occupational health and safety committee and meeting processes as required.
- Proactively seek expert advice, support and guidance on WH&S matters from the Workplace Safety & Wellbeing Group Manager.
- Participate in meetings, education and training programs, as required.
- Undertake on-call responsibilities as required.
- Deputise for the FM during periods of leave.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as directed by the Facility Manager or delegate.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Up-to-date and contemporary clinical practice.
- Survey results, e.g. clinical care, wound management.
- Consumer and stakeholder feedback.
- Reports & trends, i.e. Quality, OHS/WHS, Financial
- ACQ&SC feedback and reports.
- Successful re-accreditation (no unmet standards).
- Able to respond quickly and effectively to organisational and industry changes.
- Employee satisfaction survey results.
- Brand and reputation in the industry.
- Compliance with accreditation standards and all relevant legislation.
- Compliance with Company Cornerstone values, policies and procedures.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Essential:
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with contemporary aged care nursing practices, including a commitment to delivery of person centered care.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of comprehensive resident assessments, care planning and evaluation.
- Experience with clinical governance to ensure compliance with the ACQ&SC’s accreditation standards.
- Demonstrated advanced level of clinical analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in managing financial, material and human resources, in particular ACFI.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement projects.
- Demonstrated coaching, mentoring and supervision of clinical staff.
- Experience in the implementation and management of change initiatives.
- Sound understanding of the Aged Care Act 1997.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements for Occupational Health and Safety (OH & S).
- Qualified Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration (no conditions).
- Significant management experience in an aged care setting.
- Advanced nursing qualification in gerontology, palliative care, dementia and/or advanced care planning
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate.
Compliance Pre-Requisites Appointment and ongoing employment is subject to:
- Right to work in Australia (evidence required).
- Australian National Police Check.
- International Police Check (if required).
- Commitment to creating an environment that ensures our clients are safe and free of abuse, neglect, violence and preventable injury.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF ROLE
The following specific physical requirements are necessary to carry out the essential elements of the position as outlined in the position description.
The following frequency descriptions relate to percentages of a normal working day:
- Rarely: Up to 5% of the time.
- Occasionally: 5 – 33% of the time. Frequently: 33 – 66% of the time.
- Constantly: 66 – 100% of the time. Activity Frequency Description Manual handling Occasionally Up to 2 kg
- Standing/walking Frequently To access all areas
- Forward reaching Occasionally Bilateral repetitive and occasionally sustained Fine motor Frequently Computer, injections, medications, paperwork Gripping Occasionally For most tasks
- Sitting Frequently Computer and paperwork, meetings
- Manual handling Occasionally Up to 5kg of force in examinations, pushing trolley Stooping Rarely To access low items, wheelchair, hoists, lower limbs Squatting/kneeling Occasionally Up to 5 minutes at a time
- One handed Occasionally Computer, discussions and paperwork
- Manual handling Rarely Up to 10kg in force in examinations and pushing
Employees are expected to commit to and demonstrate Company Cornerstones:
- PUT PEOPLE FIRST in a climate of growth, opportunity and empowerment and respect all those we support.
- TAKE OWNERSHIP and pride in everything we do and are honest and forthright in our words and actions.
- LISTEN AND ACT decisively, we seek information by listening carefully and openly to others and commit to action.
- Understand that GOOD PEOPLE make the difference and are the key to our success. We recognise and encourage the value of individuals and teams.
- Seek to find new ways of CONSTANTLY IMPROVING and doing things better, using a positive spirit to succeed.
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY. We uphold high standards of honesty and treat people with fairness and respect.
- We trust, motivate, inspire and challenge each other in a COLLABORATIVE TEAM environment.