Australian Business Visa Subclass 188A Eligibility criteria
You must meet the Home Affairs requirements for the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188A) – Business Innovation stream.
You must be under 50 years of age and have:
- a bachelor’s degree recognised as equivalent to the Australian standard, or
- In the past 10 years have at least:
- 3 years of business experience in a NSW target sector, or
- 5 years of business experience in a non-target sector
Personal and business assets
You must have combined net personal and business assets of:
- A$1,750,000 – Sydney
- A$1,250,000 – Regional NSW
You must have a qualifying ownership stake in up to two businesses that have a combined annual turnover of the below amount in two of the four most recent fiscal years:
- A$1,250,000 – Sydney
- A$750,000 – Regional NSW
Your SkillSelect EOI must show a minimum score of 65 points.
Applications showing the following will be prioritised:
- 15 points for business experience, or
- Points for business innovation qualifications
NSW Business Visa Requirements
A business plan
You must provide a business proposal that clearly describes how your business will contribute to the NSW economy and create new jobs.
Creating new jobs in NSW
You must create a minimum of two new full time equivalent jobs.
If you are purchasing an existing business
You must show growth in the business since taking over through either an:
- increase in annual turnover of at least 10%, or
- increase in business assets of at least 25%
You may be exempt from the job creation and business growth requirement if your eligible business:
- has implemented innovative practices that did not previously exist in the marketplace, or
- is located in Regional NSW and trades primarily in a Regional NSW target sector
NSW will refuse your nomination application for a permanent visa (subclass 888) if during your provisional visa you have not a made a business investment of:
- $A500,000 – Sydney
- $A300,000 – Regional NSW
NSW Application Requirements
You must apply for NSW nomination before you can apply to Home Affairs for this visa.
To apply for NSW nomination you must:
- Submit an EOI in SkillSelect
- Apply for NSW nomination
- Pay application fee
- Application processing
You will receive an application outcome (or request for further information) within four weeks of your application payment.
4 Secrets to Australian Business Visa – Important information
1. Submit a complete application
You must submit a complete application, including all relevant evidence to support your eligibility claims when you apply to NSW.
2. Respond to requests for further information within deadline
If we require further information to assess your application:
- You will have two weeks to provide the requested information
- If you do not respond within two weeks, we may refuse your application
3.Apply using the online form instead of email or post.
NSW nomination will not accept any applications by email or post.
4. Providing CORRECT information
If an applicant provides false or misleading information when applying to NSW, applicant will be refused.
NSW may also report the applicant’s case to Home Affairs to conduct their own investigation.
NSW conducts verification checks on many of the documents applicants provide.
NSW will not renominate applicants where:
- You do not apply to Home Affairs for the visa within 60 days, or
- Your EOI was incorrect when NSW nominated you
Need help with getting Australian Visas?
NO BORDERS LAW GROUP: #1 TRUSTED MIGRATION AGENTS
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +61 (07) 3876 4000
We will help applicants by exploring visa options and securing the application.
If applicants would like to discuss applicants visa options and evaluate the pathway to permanent residency, please enquire or book a consultation to get expert advice with one of our knowledgeable and experienced Migration Agents/Lawyers on 07 3876 4000 or email: [email protected].
© State of New South Wales.
For current information go to www.nsw.gov.au.