2021 Temporary Activity visa (Covid Visa) Updates

What’s COVID 408 Visa?

In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Australian government has launched flexible temporary visa arrangements in line with the country’s health measures. The Temporary Activity (subclass 408) Australian Government Endorsed Event (AGEE) stream visa (COVID-19 Pandemic event visa) has been put in place to manage the unexpected circumstances that have arisen due to Covid-19 pandemic. 


Who can apply for a 408 Pandemic Visa?

You may be able to apply for the 408 (Pandemic Stream) Visa if you:

  • Are in Australia;
  • Have a visa that is expiring / expired;
  • Have no other visa options.

In addition to the above, you can only apply for this visa for two reasons – either:

a.) For work in a Critical Sector

  • You must have 90 days or less on your current visa or your last substantive visa expired less than 28 days ago (Note: Substantive visas do not include Bridging Visas.)


b.) To extend your stay because you cannot depart Australia due to COVID-19 travel restrictions

  • You must have 28 days or less on your current visa or your last substantive visa expired less than 28 days ago.


The visa allows a visitor to enter Australia on multiple occasions during the visa validity period, undertake the activity specified in their visa application and to bring eligible secondary applicants with them to Australia.


2021 Temporary COVID-19 Pandemic Event Visa Updates

Update, 11 May 2021: 

Temporary visa holders will be able to access the 408 COVID-19 Pandemic Event Visa for a period of 12 months if they work in the tourism and hospitality sector. This decision adds tourism and hospitality to the critical sectors of agriculture, food processing, health care, aged care, disability care and child care for eligibility for this visa subclass.


Temporary visa holders working in, or intending to work in, tourism and hospitality will be able to apply for the 408 COVID-19 Visa up to 90 days before their existing visa expires and then remain in Australia for up to 12 additional months.


Essential workers include the below but not limited to:

  • Supermarkets
  • Convenience stores
  • Butchers
  • Grocers
  • Markets
  • Bottle shops
  • Petrol stations
  • Pharmacies
  • All allied health centres
  • Shopping centres (eateries in food courts permitted to do takeaway only)
  • Schools remain open for “essential workers”


Required documents

At minimum, applicants must attach a high quality scanned copy of the following documents to their online
AGEE application:

  • Passport biodata page
  • Health insurance certificate covering their period of stay in Australia
  • A letter of support from the applicant’s proposed employer stating the position and location of
    work, a statement of why they are unable to employ Australian citizens or permanent residents and
    the period of proposed employment


Need help with getting Australian Visas?


Email: [email protected]

Tel:  +61 (07) 3876 4000

Consultation:  https://www.noborders-group.com/form/free-consultation


We will help you by exploring visa options and securing application. As part of our services, we will assess the eligibility of the application for a partner visa and help you to get out of the abusive relationship and provide you with detailed advice on your chances of success. If you would like to discuss your visa options and evaluate the pathway to permanent residency, please make an enquiry  or  book a consultation to get expert advice with one of our knowledgeable and experienced Migration Agents/Lawyers on 07 3876 4000 or email: [email protected].




#migrationagent #australianpr 

#AustraliaPR #australiavisa

 #immigrationservices #migrationagent #australianpr 

#AustraliaPR #australiavisa

#partnervisa #AustralianImmigration #820visa #defacto #801visa #immigrationservices #australianpr #australiavisa #australianvisa #immigration #australiaimmigration 

#registeredmigrationagent #migrationagent #permanentresidency #prvisa 

#immigrationlawyer #temporaryresident #partnervisa #AustraliaPR #partnervisaaustralia



Commonwealth of Australia;

Department of Home affairs


Book a free consultation today and let us help you find a way forward.