NSW state has updated requirements for skilled visa SC190 applicants and OFFSHORE applicants can apply for a visa in some occupations.
Requirements for candidates for NSW skilled visa SC190
- Relevant and positive skills assessment
- English exam (the higher your band the better)
- Initial EOI in SkillSelect
- Resided offshore for the past three months
- For some occupations – at least 3 years of experience
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) Minimum eligibility
To be considered during a NSW invitation round, you must:
- be eligible for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- have submitted an EOI in SkillSelect
- have a valid skills assessment in an occupation that is within an ANZSCO unit group identified on our NSW skilled occupation lists page
If you are residing onshore, you must:
- be currently residing in NSW and either:
- have genuinely and continuously resided in NSW for the past three months, or
- be gainfully employed in a long-term capacity in NSW in your nominated (or closely related) occupation for a minimum 20 hours per week
If you are residing offshore, you must:
- have continuously resided offshore for the past three months, and
- have a valid skills assessment for an occupation within an ANZSCO unit group that accepts offshore candidates —these unit groups are identified with a tick (✔) under the ‘Offshore’ column on our NSW skilled occupation lists page
Skilled Visa Offshore candidates
Offshore candidates skilled in occupations within some ANZSCO unit groups will now be considered in invitation rounds. These unit groups are identified with a tick (✔) under the ‘Offshore’ column below.
Work experience requirement
You now must have a minimum three years work experience in your nominated (or closely related) occupation for occupations within some ANZSCO unit groups. These unit groups are identified with a tick (✔) under the ‘Experience’ column below.
The work experience requirement (where applicable) applies to both onshore and offshore applicants.
Changes apply to all SkillSelect EOIs regardless of when they were submitted or amended.
|1 – Managers
|2 – Professionals
Learn more using a link to the original occupation list.
Need help with getting Australian Visas?
NO BORDERS LAW GROUP: #1 TRUSTED MIGRATION LAWYERS
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +61 (07) 3876 4000
We will help you by exploring visa options and securing applications. We will assess the eligibility of the application for a partner visa, and provide you with detailed advice on your chances of success. If you would like to discuss your visa options and evaluate the pathway to permanent residency, please make an enquiry or book a consultation to get expert advice with one of our knowledgeable and experienced Migration Agents/Lawyers on 07 3876 4000 or email: [email protected].